Here is the video of my ride on the Harley-Davidson Sportster Iron 883 (XL883N). The “test ride” was actually a group ride of 30 minutes under the supervision of the HD staff. It’s pretty hard, maybe even impossible, to evaluate comprehensively a motorcycle in such a short time. So, what I am sharing here are just my first impressions.
Specifications in brief:
– Evolution V-Twin engine, 883 cc, air cooled
– 52 hp @ 5,750 rpm (unofficial*), 70 nm @ 3,750 rpm
– Mild steel tubular frame
– 255 kg (562 lb) with all operating consumable liquids
– 5-speed gearbox
– 735 mm (28.9 in) seat height
– 12.5 l (3.3 Gal) fuel tank
– 8,000 km (5,000 mi) maintenance interval
– 9,090 euros (in France), VAT included
The motorcycle of my test ride has a 500 euros optional ABS.
MrKiddo’s Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/MrKiddoMoto
I attended this demo event with the motovlogger Cybercece, the world’s nicest guy (he appeared in my Softail Deluxe test ride video):
– His Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/MrCybercece
– His Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/MrCybercece
* Harley-Davidson doesn’t communicate any official figures about the power of its motorcycles.