Graves County Chief Deputy Davant Ramage reports that Michael Sullivan 43 yoa of Mayfield contacted the office and reported that “he stole a stolen Harley Davidson motorcycle and hid it at a residence on KY 945 north of Mayfield”.
Ramage stated that an investigation began in January on the “stolen” motorcycle.
The investigation resulted in 7 people arrested on several felony charges regarding Trafficking in Stolen Vehicles/ Vehicle Parts, Obscuring Identities of Machines and other burglary and theft charges. The arrest were made Wednesday morning when the Sheriff’s Office conducted a round up and lodged them in the Graves County Jail.
Regarding the “stolen” Harley Davidson it was determined that it had an obscured VIN # and had been tampered with when someone tried to stamp VIN # on top of the factory one. The investigation revealed 3 burglaries in Graves County and 1 burglary in Carlisle County had been committed by Michael Sullivan and his then girlfriend Tabitha Seay Wilhite 39 yoa of Mayfield.
Investigators recovered 5 Harley Davidson motorcycles that have been determined involved in illegal activity with fake/removed/altered vine’s and/or engine #’s. Three of the motorcycles were recovered at a local business on N 8th Street in Mayfield. Buddy Dale Sullivan 54 yoa of Mayfield was arrest at the shop for his participation in the crime.
Investigators learned thru interviews of several parts and accessories of motorcycles, and items taken in the area burglaries were moved to different locations throughout the county. Those individuals were rounded up on Wednesday morning and charged with numerous Receiving Stolen Property Charges, Tampering with Physical Evidence and Theft by Unlawful Taking Charges.
Those arrested and charges are as follows:
- Michael Sullivan 43 yoa of Mayfield: 3 counts Burglary 3rd Degree, 3 counts obscuring the Identity of a Machine, 1 count Trafficking in Stolen Vehicle or Vehicle Parts, 2 counts Tampering with Physical Evidence, TBUT under $10,000, Receiving Stolen Property under $10,000, TBUT under $500
- Shane Turner 38 yoa of Mayfield: Obscuring the Identity of a Machine, Tampering with Physical Evidence
- Tabitha Seay Wilhite 39 yoa of Mayfield: Complicity to Burglary 3rd , Complicity to Receiving Stolen Property under $10,000, Tampering with Physical Evidence
- Buddy Dale Sullivan 54 yoa of Mayfield: 2 counts of Obscuring Identity of Machine, Trafficking in Stolen Vehicle or Vehicle Parts
- Herbert Sanderson JR 60 yoa of Mayfield: Receiving Stolen Property under $500
- James Robert Turner 39 yoa of Mayfield: Tampering with Physical Evidence
- Paul Holder 53 yoa of Kaler Community: Receiving Stolen Property under $10,000
The Kentucky State Police Auto Theft Section out of Frankfort assisted in the investigation.
Soon thelakenews.com will go behind paywall. Print subscribers to The Lake News will receive free total access to thelakenews.com provided they have registered for the service. We offer three different subscriptions, those options are local print subscription plus full website access for only $26.95 yearly; print subscriptions and full website access for outside the counties surrounding Marshall County and out-of-state only $36.95 yearly, and full website subscription only $26.95 yearly. Single copy access to the E-edition is also available. Our website is a great addition to our growing news service. You get timely local news and free access to two years of back issues for The Lake News. Subscribe today.