A Goshen man was injured after he was beaten by a group of people Thursday night.
Goshen police said the 24-year-old, whose name they did not release, was attacked by several suspects he knows around South 14th Street and College Avenue around 9:30 p.m. Thursday.
The man was taken to Goshen Hospital to receive treatment for a minor cut over his left eye and scratches on his legs, police said.
• Angela Vance, 46, 53945 Cedarcrest Court, Bristol, was arrested by Elkhart County police on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated at C.R. 39 and Ind. 119 in Goshen around 7:15 p.m. Thursday.
• Starlin Hicks, 19, 104 S. Franklin St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of possession of marijuana following a traffic stop in the 2500 block of East Kercher Road around 9:30 a.m. Thursday. Hicks was released at the scene with a citation to appear in court.
• Danilo Diaz, 19, Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen police on charges of illegal consumption of an alcoholic beverage by a minor and driving without a license after police said he drove his vehicle onto railroad tracks near Ninth and Madison streets around 5:15 a.m. Friday. Diaz was released at the scene with a citation to appear in court.
• Goshen police arrested a juvenile after receiving a call the child was being incorrigible at Chamberlain Elementary School, 428 N. Fifth St., around 1:45 p.m. Thursday. The juvenile was released to a parent with a citation.
• Elizabeth Wortinger, Goshen, reported to Elkhart County police she was battered by someone she knows at a home in the 68000 block of C.R. 33 around 7:45 p.m. Wednesday.
• A juvenile was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of battery after staff at Goshen High School reported a fight at the school, 401 Lincolnway East, around 8 a.m. Thursday.
The suspect was released to a parent with a citation, police said. The injured student was treated at the school for moderate injuries.
An employee at Interra Credit Union in Goshen reported to Goshen police a bank member cashed three fraudulent checks at three different branches on Jan. 4. The report was made Thursday from the branch at 300 W. Lincoln Ave.
• Reece Barrett, Elkhart, reported to Elkhart County police Thursday his Harley Davidson motorcycle was stolen from a location at 13183 Ind. 120 in Bristol in November.
• An employee at Wellington & Weddell Eye Care reported to Goshen police a pair of sunglasses was stolen by a known suspect from the store, 116 W. Washington St., around 12:45 p.m. Thursday.
ABSENT WITHOUT LEAVE
Phillip Estes, 37, Elkhart, was deemed absent without leave after staff at the Elkhart County Work Release Center reported to Elkhart County police Wednesday Estes failed to return to custody around 10 a.m. Tuesday.