• Daring to Drive: A Saudi Woman’s Awakening by Manal Al-Sharif
• Democracy: Stories from the Long Road to Freedom by Condoleeza Rice
• Shattered: Inside Hillary Clinton’s Doomed Campaign by Jonathan Allen
• Vulgar Tongues: An Alternative History of English Slang by Max Decharne
• What Should a Clever Moose Eat? Natural History, Ecology, and the North Woods by John Pastor
• Astrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil deGrasse Tyson
• American Eclipse: A Nation’s Epic Race to Catch the Shadow of the Moon and Win the Glory of the World by David Baron
• The Humane Gardener: Nurturing a Backyard Habitat for Wildlife by Nancy Lawson
• Images of America: World War II Shipbuilding in Duluth and Superior by Gerald Sandvick
• Harley-Davidson: The Complete History edited by Darwin Holmstrom.
Silver Bay Public Library:
Art creations with different mediums on Aug. 1 at 11 a.m. Are you a budding Picasso or a Frida Kahlo? Find out if you have an artist waiting to bloom inside of you. There are many ways to express yourself as an artist. Don’t give up on art even if you think you “can’t draw.” We will provide different mediums that will allow you to find your best style of expression. This program is for all ages.
CLIMB theatre presents The Ant and the Grasshopper on Aug. 2 at 10:30 a.m. The Arrowhead Library System is pleased to present CLIMB Theatre’s The Ant and The Grasshopper, a free program being offered for ages children through adults. This presentation combines the classic fable’s characters with fun games and interactive play. Children of all ages will learn that anything is possible when they work together. This program, sponsored by Arrowhead Library System, was funded in part or in whole with money from Minnesota’s Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund.
Make sure to come in and record your final reading time in your book logs and collect your incentive prizes before the last day of the summer reading program Friday, Aug. 4. Thanks to all the parents and kids who made this a very successful program.