Fort Collins Police Services responded to an injury collision between a motorcycle and an SUV on Highway 392 near Interstate 25 at approximately 10:11 p.m. Saturday, according to a press release published Sunday by FCPS.
The driver of a 2006 Cadillac Escalade, 36-year-old Ricky Buckingham Jr. of Frederick, was heading west on Highway 392 when he made a left turn onto the southbound I-25 on-ramp in front of a 2002 Harley Davidson motorcycle. The front of the motorcycle collided with the passenger side of the SUV.
Although Buckingham Jr. was uninjured in the collision, the driver of the motorcycle, 55-year-old Douglas Gore of Windsor, sustained moderate injuries and was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment.
The intersection of Highway 392 and the southbound on-ramp to I-25 was partially closed for approximately three hours while FCPS Collision Reconstruction and Scene Handling investigated the scene of the accident.
Investigators do not believe alcohol or speed contributed to the collision, and the color of the traffic lights during the collision is currently undetermined.
“As we continue to promote traffic safety through education and enforcement efforts, we also encourage all residents to look out for each other when traveling,” said FCPS Assistant Chief Tim Doran. “Together, we can keep our roadways safe.”
Anyone with any information about the collision can call Officer Drew Jurkofsky at 970-416-2224.
Comment policy: The Rocky Mountain Collegian encourages discussion and discourse within our comments section, but we reserve the right to moderate and ban users for the following behaviors:
- Hate speech or slurs based on race, gender, sexual orientation, religion or creed.
- Ad hominem (personal attacks) against another commenter or writer.
- Proselytizing (attempting to convert others to your religion) or otherwise advertising your religion or attacking someone for theirs.
- Doxing (posting someone’s address or personal information) in order to intimidate a writer or another commenter.
- Spamming our website with promotional offers or links to other sites.
- Off topic conversations not pertaining to the article or content.