The Trump administration announced that it would hit the EU, Canada and Mexico with 25 per cent duties on imported steel and 10 per cent on aluminium in the country’s most aggressive trade action yet against its allies
The European Union has said it will impose tariffs against US imports in retaliation for new American duties, measures the bloc has already indicated will target consumer, agricultural and steel products in many key Republican constituencies.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry’s most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post’s extensive archive