At the Elfstedentocht Oldtimer Rally (Eleven City Trip Oldtimer Rally) in The Netherlands, over (235km☺☺☺!!) unfortunately bad weather.
Manufacturer: Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Milwaukee – Wisconsin, USA
Engine: 989cc V-Twin
Power: 16 bhp
Speed: 80 km/h
Production time: 1917
Production outlet: unknown
Production outlet US-Army in 1917: 9,180
Production outlet US-Army in 1918: 26,486
Curb weight: 160 kg
– The V-Twin was invented by Glenn Curtiss in 1904.
– HD used an improved version since 1909, known as "The Silent Grey Fellow".
– The 17F had a three speed sliding-gear tranmission with final and primary drive on the same side.
– 1917 was the first year of the olive drab colour (because of WWI) which will stay until the early ’30. Not only the frame but also the cases of the engine was painted "green".
– 1917 was also the first year the bike was equipped with the Four-Lobe Camshaft taken from the 8 valve racing model, Remy ignition/generator electric system, the Splitdorf American made Dixie Magneto and available with a Corbin Speedometer and Firestone Non Skid pattern tires.
– HD is the oldest still producing motorcycle company in the world, founded in 1903.
Added to the gallery www.flickr.com/photos/evitw/galleries/72157633424083460
Added to the gallery: Motorcycle of the Month May Competition Winner:
Tagged: , HD , Harley Davidson , Harley Davidson 17F , HD 17F , Splitdorf Dixie Magneto , Firestone Non Skid pattern tires , Olive drab color , Remy Ingnition/Generator electric system , William S. „Bill“ Harley (1880–1943) , Arthur Davidson (1881–1950) , William A. Davidson (1870–1937) , Walter Davidson (1877–1942) , Planet Earth Back In The Day , Planet Earth Transport , All types of transport , a feast for my eyes , auto_focus , A Photographers View , Art of Images , Artistic impressions , art and soul , blinkagain , Build your rainbow , beautiful capture , Blood, Sweat and Gear , Creative Photo Group , Creative impuls , Creative Artists Cafe , digifoto Pro , Django’s Master , damn cool photographers , digital art work , Friends Forever , FotoArtCircle , Fan de Voitures , Fine gold , gearheads , greatphotographers , American motorcycles , Love it , Love it L1 , my_gear_and_me , Masters of Creative Photography , My Friends Pictures , Nice as it gets , Photographic World , Photoshop Artists , PHOTOGRAPHERS , paint creations , Photos become art , Remember that moment , Remember that moment Level 1 , SOE , slow ride , Super Six bronze , Super Six , showroom , Show Case , Soul O Photography , The Look Level red , The Best Shot , Transport of all kinds , The Machines , The Pit Stop Shop , VIGILANT PHOTOGRAPHERS UNITE , VIGILANT PHOTOGRAPHERS UNITE LEVEL 1 , World of details , Wheels-Anything That Rolls , PRO PHOTO