Auto req ID: 5904BR
Title: Events Lead
Job Function: Marketing
State and City: Wisconsin, Milwaukee
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Shift: Shift 1
Since 1903, our bold and unique purpose has been fulfilling dreams of personal freedom for our customers – and we live our purpose every day. It’s more than just a business to us. Our passion for our products and loyalty to our millions of riders and fans worldwide inspire us to deliver premium motorcycles, parts and accessories, apparel, and unmistakable and unmatched experiences.
From Milwaukee to Milan, and many places in between, our employees are essential to our success. We need people who wake up every day with a passion for customers and who come to work with the creativity and drive to make amazing things happen.
Join our team as an Event Lead and help utilize established company strategies, insights and analytics along with your own experience to develop the companies Event Marketing approach to achieve its established corporate objectives of building new ridership.
This is what you’ll do:
- Leverage and maximize the Company’s presence at existing Motorcycle events and of equal importance; develop a new focus on a variety of other events aimed at building ridership and driving relevance of the H-D brand.
- Collaborate and leverage integration with members of the Event and Operations teams as well as internal stakeholders.
- Help in developing the strategy that will guide the coordination and execution of various events and program materials for internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead and oversee negotiation of contracts with venues, facilities, vendors, suppliers and hotels.
- Lead the team in executing the event plan including the evaluation of locations, site selection, selection of appropriate brand and product displays and signage, as well as lead generation and customer interaction techniques.
- Work collaboratively with internal partners and external media and promotion resources to maximize the visibility of the event to the target audience.
- Write and photograph events for online and social media activities.
- Contribute to and approve articles promoting and reporting on events for a variety of internal and external media.
- Creatively develop event materials, programs, maps and entertainment and implement on a timely basis.
- Represent the events team in a variety of cross-functional activities and committees both internally and externally.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure that events have the appropriate leadership and staffing levels.
- Provide guidance, support and best practice to the Customer Experiences department.
Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience
- Ability to travel
- Proven experience in event strategic planning development and execution
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating with vendors and suppliers
- Event and Customer Relationship management
- Ability to manage multiple projects whilst working in a fast paced environment and tight deadlines
- Competent Microsoft office user with AS/400 skills
- Must be cooperative and possess strong interactive skills
- Valid and current motor vehicle operator’s license
- Valid motorcycle endorsement or ability to complete one with an advanced classification to be able to operate V-Rod motorcycles
- Familiarity with motorcycles and the motorcycle industry
- In-region languages would be an advantage
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers and employee stores, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more. We believe that employees do their best work when they are free to be themselves. This means our dress code is relaxed, and all types of work styles are welcomed.
Direct Reports: No
Travel Required: 50-75%