When asked about their first love, we can bet that a lot of our homies will picture their dream bike, rather than their ladylove. In their defense, mean machines are just that seductive! And when one talks about motorcycles, one brand that everyone wants to own is the Godfather of bike brands – Harley Davidson. Harleys are not inexpensive as is, but they just went full throttle and unveiled the most expensive bike that ever existed – The Harley Davidson Bucherer Blue Edition. Take a look.
In an unlikely companionship, Harley Davidson teamed up with jewellery brand Bucherer to come up with this blue coloured beast. Priced at an astounding $1.8 million (Rs 12.18 crores), this bike is the most expensive bike that the world has seen till date. Previously, this record was held by the ‘1951 Vincent Black Thunder’, priced at $929,000 (Rs 6.3 crores), that was sold at the Bonhams auction in Las Vegas.
What makes this blue boy so expensive, though? Here are 10 facts that will get you up to speed (see what we did there?).
1. The Bucherer Blue edition is encrusted with 360 diamonds. Whoa!
2. Complementing the sparkle of the diamonds, the screws and bolts are all gold plated.
3. The bike comes with two safes, which are integrated into the fuel tank. One of them contains the exclusive, one of a kind watch from Carl F Bucherer, plus rings from Bucherer Fine Jewellery.
4. It took Harley Davidson and Bucherer 2500 hours to finish making the bike.
5. The bike boasts of heat resistant LED lights, a hand sewn cowhide saddle, and custom frames and rims.
6. The Blue Edition is the only motorcycle in the world to have an illuminated engine section.
7. The iridescent blue paint finish of the bike has got a six-layer coating, the technique of which is kept as a secret.
8. As far as engine specifications go, this Harley Softail Slim-S is powered by a 1.8-litre, Air-Cooled V-Twin with 148NM of torque. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox.
9. It costs more than the Ferrari LaFerrari, that costs around $1.4 Million.
10. In India, with the import duty and taxes, it should roughly cost around Rs 25 crores.
Here is a video that will take you through more details about this blue beauty.
Photo: © Twitter (Main Image)
From The Web